Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Monday, December 18, 2006

Somebody Buy This Woman a Drink!

On Saturday night, Todd and I went to a concert. When showing my ticket to the bouncer outside the building, he gave me a wristband, indicating that I am of drinking age. He didn't check my ID. However, when he got to Todd, he made him take off his hat and looked closely at his ID before forking over the wristband. Todd is 7 years older than me.

I've been wondering why this happened. Do I really look that old? Have the last few stressful weeks really aged me that much? But then I realized: I just have the haggard appearance of someone who really needs a drink. That's the result of the last few stressful weeks. The bouncer just saw it in my slightly wild-eyed glance. He didn't want to mess with me: Earlier in the day, some random woman in a doctor's office waiting room told me that I looked upset. She wasn't wrong, but my facial expressions are none of her business. I gave her a dirty look and an irritated laugh. That'll teach her to talk to me!

Of course, if I don't just look like I could really use a drink, this means that maybe I really just do look older than Todd. So maybe I look 10 years older than I really am? That's great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home