Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rambling

I feel the need to write a blog posting, and yet, I have no inspired words. This is my third attempt at this post. I've started and deleted the following 2 ideas:

1. I was going to write about how, even though we are still not fully settled into our current apartment, we're looking for the next place we want to live (Cambridge, Somerville) when our lease is up. In August. Because we don't like suburbia, blah, blah blah. After I wrote a few paragraphs, I realized that I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. I've written this all before.

2. Then, I was going to write about how we got rear-ended in Boston yesterday. And it sounds like it might be an interesting story, except for the fact that it's not. We were really barely tapped by another car. No marks on our bumper, even. And when we pulled over to see if there was any damage, the other driver pulled over too, so no there was no hit-and-run drama either. I think we've probably hit other cars harder when wedging into a small parking space. Nothing to see here; move along.

Now, after saying all of that, I realize that today is an important anniversary, and so, there is something to say: It was a year ago today that Kjerste, L.L., and I completed the Treasure Island Triathlon in San Francisco. It's strange to think how much has changed in the last year: Kjerste got engaged and married. I now live far, far away from SF. L.L.'s son just keeps getting bigger and more grown-up looking. I miss ya', girlz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too! December needs to hurry up and get here because we need to catch up and get really, really drunk. :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I miss you too!

Gosh, just thinking about how my fitness level has crashed and burned in the last year is astounding...

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home