Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Good Times

Democrats are taking back the House: Yay, Nancy Pelosi!
And it looks like we'll have the Senate, too. I've got my fingers crossed.
Massachusetts just elected it's first African-American Governor.
South Dakota's abortion ban didn't pass.
Arizona refused to ban gay marriage, even when so many other states did (stop the hate, people).
Rummy's taking a hike.

For many years, I've felt so disillusioned with politics. Today, I feel hopeful (see above). It's exciting to see the country begin to come to it senses. I've been waiting.

Excuse me, now. I have to go dance a jig.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helga said...

How could I forget dear Rick? Silly me.

We miss you guys too!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pennsylvania is an interesting place. They have a pro-choice Republican and a pro-life & pro-gun Democrat as their Senators.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home