Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Friday, November 09, 2007

I really do need a camera phone

I saw something wonderful this evening in the Park Street station (that's a subway stop, for my non-Boston readers -- oh wait! That's nearly all of you!) It was a street performer of a special sort. Picture it: A middle-aged, paunchy, balding white guy. He's wearing a microphone headset (which reminds me of Madonna's Blond Ambition tour) and has a stereo. On it, he is playing this song:



He has the balance on his stereo set such that you can only barely hear Britney singing. Because he's singing. And shaking his ass. And flailing his arms a bit and gyrating his hips ("dancing"). He seems impervious to the laughter of the crowd on the platform around him.

I think this may be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I was sad when my train came and even sadder that I don't have a camera phone so I could get a picture.

And that, kids, is the benefit of public transportation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is this what will become of me if I continue to sing at the gym? I'm am speachless. I might be a little jealous, too. I would have loved to see that.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home