Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My TV

When Todd and I moved to our new digs, we decided we were tired of the rabbit ears on our TV. So we sprung for cable, but only a little bit of it: The most basic, basic package. All it really seemed to get us is a bunch of Somerville and Cambridge public access channels (always entertaining), an extra PBS station, and NECN. And, best of all, My TV. This is the strangest channel: It features an odd collection of re-runs (right now I'm watching Frasier -- I'm not complaining) and what appear to be some "original" reality shows that I haven't yet dared watch. But the very best part is the weather man. During commercial breaks, he pops in to tell us all about the "stohms" approaching in his strange, squeaky voice. You can't really see his eyes for some reason -- maybe it's his bushy eyebrows. Or maybe it's a result of the poor lighting in this one-step-up from public access station. At any rate, it's hilarious. I look forward to the weather repoaht just so I can imitate his accent.

And I do love a good accent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home