Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thank you, Rasta man

Today while making a midday trip to Trader Joe's, I thought about how sick I am of studying for licensure, and how I would much prefer to sleep until 10 AM and spend the rest of the day shopping at Target. Yeah, like that'll ever happen. (And I'd get bored anyway -- I want what I don't have, and then once I have it, I don't want it anymore. Analyze that!)

Anyway, my checker at TJ's was a nice Rasta man, who seemed genuinely puzzled when I told him that the card reader wasn't working ("Really?!") and as I was leaving, he did so much more than wish me a good day. He said: "Stay focused, alright? Stay strong." And he sounded like he really meant it. I was so shocked as his timely suggestion that I looked dazedly at him and said "You too" the way you accidentally might to someone who wishes you a happy birthday. I wish I had had something deeper to say.

Or, if there was something good he had been smoking, I wish he would have at least shared. Though it probably wouldn't help me stay focused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home