Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Friday, August 03, 2007

I am not dead

I think my last blog posting aroused some suspicion that I might be dying, or at the very least, not getting better from my Peruvian illness. Sorry that I worried some of you. The antibiotics that I got from the doctor in Peru have been very effective, and I am feeling much, much better. It's also been nice to be home so I can eat and drink without worrying about contamination. I've been brushing my teeth with tap water, baby! And eating salads and flushing toilet paper. Life is good.

My good friend Dr. Bombay suggested that what I had could be marketed as an eating disorder starter kit. The kit would include:

*One (1) copy of this article from Runner's World magazine (to get people into the eating disorder frame of mind).
*One (1) plane ticket to Peru.
*One (1) FREE intestinal bacteria.

Directions: Combine these items and poo incessantly.

Also, just for the record, I do not have an eating disorder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps the kit also might contain a free sample of some zero calorie drink flavoring too. Perhaps something exotic and tailored to the region. Perhaps cocoa leaf flavor? That would help. People would want to run faster, and thus get a faster start on developing their eating disorder. Everyone will by this. Dr. Bombay knows best.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home