Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Sunday, June 24, 2007

What happened to June?

I'm not quite sure what happened to the month of June. It's like I blinked and the end of the month is here. I have been busy, though, I swear! For instance:

I co-invented Happyland. What, you haven't heard of it? Isn't that sad for you. The fabulous stylist who does my hair and I decided that one of us will win the lottery and then create a commune. The commune will be called Happyland. The rooms will be filled with very comfortable mattresses and big-screen televisions. There will be fountains of fondue (both cheese and chocolate) and this will make everybody-- you guessed it -- happy. Additionally, it will always be 75 degrees and sunny. If a Happyland resident would like some weather alternatives, there will be a button that can be pressed to create the weather. Plus, nobody will have to hold down a job. Want in? Yeah, I thought so. There will be a secret handshake, so I suggest you bribe me for it.

And as if co-inventing Happyland wasn't time-consuming enough, I've been exerting a lot of energy by thinking about the gear I'll need to hike the Inca Trail. I even went so far as to try on a backpack! And buy water purification tablets and wool socks! In fact, just thinking about all that exhausts me. Which bodes really well for the hike itself, I'd say.

Don't worry. I think July will be more interesting. We will be going to Peru, after all. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring a baby Alpaca back to the states. It would fit right in at Happyland.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Well, it's about time you posted, girl. But I agree, June has been a fleeting month. On June 15, I still felt I was at the beginning of the month, and it was with a start that I realized it was halfway over. Crehzy.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home