Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Davis Square

Once we got back from Vermont last Monday, we had an appointment with a rental agent. We thought that she had one place to show us, but it turned out that she had four. The fourth one had just been listed that day. In fact, I think it was more like the owner had just hired the rental agent that day, but no formal listing had been made yet. The first 3 apartments we saw wouldn't have worked for various reasons, although a couple of them were pretty close. Then, there was number 4. And we liked it. We were the first ones to see it and we snapped it up, since it was the type of place that wouldn't stay long on the market. We saw it fast, and after several other apartments, so I don't have a clear mental picture of it. Which caused me to freak out a bit after signing the lease: Is it too small? Will our furniture fit? Did this all happen too fast?! But I'm calmer now, and my buyer's remorse has basically resolved. Because we haven't bought anything -- this is just a rental. And if my biggest worries are fitting my furniture into the apartment (as opposed to say, getting, mugged as I walk down the street) I don't think I have much to worry about at all.

So come September, we'll be living in Davis Square, and we'll have a very short walk to the T. We really wish we could move in right this minute (I can pack fast!) but, you know, pesky leases require patience. And so we continue to wait for the time we can leave the 'burbs behind. It's getting close. I can already taste the J.P. Licks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like a really cute place to live! and happy 3-year anniversary! :)

~ beverly

11:20 PM  
Blogger Christine Staley said...

Congratulations!

Davis Square is AWESOME! The Tufts kids are MUCH better than BU/BC kids, and the square is just so damn cute.

Diva has great Indian food, Red Bones has AWESOME BBQ, Thursday night at the Burren is '80's night with the Swinging Johnsons, and the little theater is just so darn quaint.

I am VERY jealous that in my 12 years in Boston, I never managed to get to live over there...

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home