Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Friday, August 24, 2007

Keebler Elves, where are you?

Tomorrow the movers come to take all our crap from Natick to Davis Square. Whoopee! Of course, the packing is a drag, and I've done most of it -- Todd started his new job this week, and I currently "work from home" in that I study constantly for my licensing exam and look for a job. Actually, it's quite a lot of work; I just don't get paid for it. But it means that it's a bit easier for me than it is for him to get time off from my boss so I can pack. Here's how the conversation went:

"Helga? Do you think I could take a couple of days off from studying and job hunting so I can pack up the apartment? I'm actually a bit ahead of schedule with the studying, and I've called all the places where I've applied for a job so they remember that I still exist."

"Well, I don't know, Helga. How far ahead do you really think you are? What if you forget everything you've learned?! Are you sure you want to pack up your job interview clothes just yet? What if somebody calls you back right now?! "

"Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. There's always next week. I really do need to pack."

"All right. But just don't get too comfortable, especially with the not studying. I've got my eye on you."

*Sigh* That Helga can be a real stickler sometimes. But at least I got some time off.

Anyway, yesterday I had the yearning for some elves to come and help me pack. And not just any elves. I want the Keebler Elves. Then, after they've packed stuff for me, they can give me some cookies. Or, better yet, they can give me some cookies to munch on while I watch them pack.

Then, they can come with me to the new apartment and do all the unpacking. And, of course, they will know exactly where I want everything. So I can just eat some more cookies and relax while they work.

This does not seem like such a bad idea to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

You'll have to post pics once you're set up. I need visuals of Helga's Haus, or I'll just imagine that you live at the Asgard.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My dear Helga, thanks to you I've learned a new an interesting fact: the Elves have names! For example, the elf you pictured is named Ernest J. Keebler. He's the head baker and spokes-elf. His age is unknown because elves stop counting after 150. His weight comes in at 4.5 ounces. He's single. He wrote two books: The Importance of Being
Ernie and The Seven Habits of a Highly Effective Elf. Who knew?

http://www.kelloggs.com/keebler/meetelves.html

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home