Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Monday, October 22, 2007

Unemployment Enjoyment

I have a confession to make.

I have a new motto. It's "Work is for Suckers!" Go ahead. Say it a few times. Let it roll off your tongue. Doesn't that sound nice?

I find that it sounds even nicer when I say it while watching one of the hundreds of channels the Comcast guy installed on Friday. And it sounds even better when I'm watching something the DVR recorded for me while I was asleep.

And it sounds best of all when I say it when I roll out of bed in the morning, unhurried because I don't have to be to work like everyone else marching down the street toward the subway.

Yeah, I know that this will all have to come to an end. Eventually I'll join the working minions.

Especially because I just found out that I passed my big licensing exam. With flying colors. This is a picture of all my flashcards that I have been studying (to the detriment of my own mental health) for months.


Here's a picture of me stepping on them after gleefully throwing them on the floor. I was thinking a ritual burning was in order, but I was afraid of setting fire to the apartment. So I recycled them instead.



Now I have one more test before I can be licensed and highly employable. Sure, it'll be nice to have the money. And to use my fancy, expensive degree. But I'll miss watching HGTV in the middle of the day.

And yes, this is my second consecutive post involving television. Wipe that look off your face, sucker, and get yourself to work.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big congrats Jen Baby! Yaaaay!!!!

miss ya,
lara jane

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Helga!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

~ beverly

12:19 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You're an overachiever. You'll be bored soon enough. Go ahead! Brag about your time on the couch, but you'll be back...

he he he *evil laugh*

:)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Arethusa said...

Congratulations! Do you get the SOAP channel, because Dallas is on in the afternoons. Oh how I used to love to watch Dallas...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

No, I don't think there's a SOAP channel. Which is too bad -- think of all the drama!

7:29 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Flying colors. I suspected as much. ;-)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home