Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Working Girl

Do you remember that final scene in Working Girl? The one where Tess (who, strangely enough, Arethusa recently referenced) goes into her new office building only to discover that she's in charge and has a fabulous office? Well, I am the new Tess.

Today was my first day on the job for which I moved all the way across the country. And what is the first thing they do? Give me a choice of which office I want. At the particular stage I am at in my career, having an office is unheard of. But a choice of offices? No. I chose the corner office with the brand new computer. The fact that this was even an option still boggles my mind. And they gave me a plant.

Then, what do they do next? Tell me that they will be giving me more money and benefits, due to an update in my contract.

Somebody say "Amen."

3 Comments:

Blogger Arethusa said...

They gave you a plant?!? Amen!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo!! i got more money and benefits too b/c the director was able to get more money! =)

~ beverly

12:27 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I second the plant 'amen'. And the office thing is nice...

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home