Helga's Big Adventure

From the Bay Area to the Bay State

Friday, July 21, 2006

Mormons and Fox News and Spurs, Oh My!

In Idaho Falls, there are Mormons, and lots of 'em. There is a major temple in the area, and we are not that far from Salt Lake City. The temple gives tours of its visitors center, and Todd and I joked about going so he could ask questions about Mormonism (is that a word?) being the fastest growing cult. Of course, we would be asked to leave shortly thereafter. But when you look around, you can certainly see why it might be fast-growing: People have gaggles of children. Yikes. Of course, I knew that about Mormons, but seeing it on this large of a scale is a little weird. I also find it interesting that the Mormon temple is not open to the general public. Is there something to hide? It seems like most other churches are open to everyone who wants to come in.

At the Super 8, where we are staying, Fox News always appears to be on. When there is a TV in a common area, Fox News is showing. I have to fight the urge to throw things at the television.

Last night, we saw someone wearing spurs as he came out of a restaurant. That's right: spurs. I've never seen anyone wear spurs before, much less in a restaurant. I have seen people wear assless chaps before, though, so I do suppose I have some experience with western wear.

Did I mention that I don't think we're in the Bay Area anymore?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to The Six?

it's still scorching hot here. i think i'm gonna die... or turn into a raving bitch this weekend...

~ beverly

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home